Banana bread with a crusty outside surface and an inside that stays moist. You can slice it thinly and it will not break apart. It is best to use over ripe bananas for this recipe. This recipe also uses vanilla instant pudding mix which you can make it yourself. Serve with salted/sweet butter.
- 2 cups mashed bananas about 4 extra ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 pcs eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bar dark chocolate 3.5oz chopped into chunks
- salted butter optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, eggs, and oil and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and pudding mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, but avoid using a mixer. Do this part manually to keep the end result nice and fluffy.
- Chop up the dark chocolate bar.
- Add the chocolate, chopped walnuts and vanilla extract to the batter.
- Grease the pan (this means rubbing lots of butter or vegetable oil all over it) or you can line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bake until the cake bounces back when pressed or if a toothpick comes out clean when poked in. Depending on the pan, your baking time will vary. With a loaf pan (2 pans for this recipe), estimate around 60 to 80 minutes, depending on how deep it is.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes and flip it onto a clean plate or tray for serving.
- Slice and serve it warm with butter or a scoop of ice cream! Keep it either refrigerated or left out in an airtight container.