Choco Butternut Loaf – luscious chocolate cake with butternut topping that is made from desiccated coconut, butter, nutmeg and sugar.
“Pagkagat ko, feeling ko bigla akong niyakap nila Piolo Pascual, Dingdong Dantes, at Derek Ramsay! This is very sinful!”Almondz of Naykupo
Choco Butternut Loaf
- 3 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 pcs eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 drop blue food coloring optional, but helps achieve the dark, almost black color
- 2 cups desiccated coconut preferably finer
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 drops bright orange food coloring
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C.
- Mix dry ingredients first — powdered milk, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients — eggs (one at a time), oil, vanilla
- Add 1.5 cups of sifted all purpose flour, mix well. Then add the remaining 1.5 cups of all purpose flour.
- Bake for 30-35mins or until when you poke a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let it cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. The glaze should have a thick consistency.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl. Mix until well combined and all of the coconut is colored.
- Spread the mixture into a baking sheet or flat surface and dry for 20 minutes before using.