Chili garlic oil – crushed dried red chillies, fresh red chillies and fried garlic in oil. This is perfect when paired with beef pares, congee, siomai and other dimsum dishes.
Chili Garlic Oil
Dried chili and fried garlic in oil. This is perfect when paired with beef pares, congee, siomai and other dimsum dishes.
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh red chillies chopped finely or use a food processor
- 1 1/4 cup dried red chili crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- After 3mins, turn the heat down to medium low.
- Place in finally chopped garlic. Stir constantly for 12-15mins.
- Add fresh chili pepper and dried chili stir to combine. Continue cooking for 5mins.
- Add paprika, sugar, calamansi juice, and salt. Keep mixing for another 3-5mins.
- Turn off the fire. Let it cool. Then transfer to a glass container.